Monday, March 18, 2013

Last week was a very Quilty Busy week!

My Two Owls mug rug received from Anola in Canada

My Winter Birdhouse mug rug Mug Rug Swap
 



Winter Birdhouse Mug Rugs Quilted by me
Two Owls
4" pinwheel blocks to represent the 23 Union States
Civil War Sampler Pattern
It has been a very busy and exciting week for me between Family Tree updates and Quilting.  In Monday's mail I received my 2 Mug Rugs from my Anola in Canada; a swap I participated in hosted by Michelle at the Quilting Gallery - wow she even included some other goodies for me.  Thank you - I love my new mug rugs - and in my favorite color scheme of tans and browns - the fabric, pattern and note card were so special.  I emailed her right away to say thanks. The patterns for the mug Rugs was from The Patchsmith.  I had sent my mine off to my partner in Brazil on the 11th so she should be getting them soon.  I will upload pictures of them to for all to see.  On Tuesday I got visits from my 2 girls Elizabeth and Nancy,  what a wonderful surprise,  I both of them are super busy and I was so delighted that they took time from their busy schedules to visit me. To top it off my youngest delivered a Christmas present from my daughter Marie.  Wow - it was a plethora of antique pins that she had gathered from her forays to thrift stores and garage sales...Wonderful, she knows I love these...and she has a great eye for picking them out.  one pin was a little sewing machine that I am going to pin to my Name Tag I have for my guild meetings.  Wednesday I spent  piecing my pin wheel blocks for my the Civil War Quilt I am making - 23 4" blocks in blue and gold.  I plan to square them up and sew the rows together tomorrow when I have my Civil War Club mtg.  So Thursday I finally was able to attend The Civil War Club at my LQS - my 1st time being there, it was so fun quilting with the ladies in my group, Carol Lee, Carol .  We meet 2x a month.  Then Friday I went to my monthly ASG (American Sewing Guild) mtg.  I needed to bring a jelly roll since we were going to be making a  strip quilt top.  So fun - I finished up my quilt top at home...(a little slow I was).  On Saturday morning I attended my Hudson Heritage Quilters monthly meeting.  Mary St John did the presentation on Fabric Embellishments - wow! she has great boards on Mary St John - Pintrest so click and enjoy her boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.