Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Celebrating Hand Quilting


TODAY I'M CELEBRATING THE ART OF HAND QUILTING.


Hand Quilted Heart's Panel Mini-Quilt - Circa1980's 

The Back Panel.
Hand Quilted Panel - Quilter Unknown
My Added Label 



A Mini-Quilt Wall hanging "Hearts". A Mini-Quilt featuring a heart panel that was Hand-quilted, Quilter unknown. I found this panel at my local thrift store in Nellysford, VA. I added the outer border of vintage fabric I had purchased from a thrift store in Elswood Wisconsin about 8+ yrs ago when living in Hudson Wisconsin. I choose my binding fabric from my stash. I chose unbleached muslin for the backing, and fabrics I thought would compliment the heart panel in both value and appropriateness to showcase the hand quilting of the panel. The Mini-Quilt is Displayed on the wall of my Quilting and Sewing Arts Studio Update: a few months ago a quilting friend told me as a child she had worked on this same heart panel with her mom in the 1980s. Wow! I now have a circa date of the 1980s for this beautiful hand-quilted heart panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.