Wednesday, March 10, 2021

My Quilted Irish Scarf A New Mini Quilt

My Quilted Irish Scarf A New Mini Quilt Wall Hanging


The Irish Scarf Mini-Quilt Wall Hanging
on the Living Room Wall.


The Scarf hanging from its special Branch

In 2008 four friends and I traveled to Ireland for a two-week vacation.  We had so much fun and bought back many treasures.  One of these treasures was this scarf pictured above.  This scarf was beautiful and I loved wearing it to work or out and about.  In recent years (since retirement) I have not worn this scarf very much. Its beauty was hidden in the folds of it and only the end corners were seen so it took up residence in my scarf drawer.  

It is now 2021 and I have been retired since 2010, I am now living with my daughter and son-in-law in Virginia and really love it here.  A month ago I decided to reorganize my scarf drawer and came across my Irish scarf.  Inspiration hit me!  My son-in-laws Birthday was coming up in early March and I wanted to give him a present and thought about his Irish Heritage. I took the scarf out of its retirement, (in my dresser scarf drawer) and thought it would make a nice wall hanging for his reading area.  I love to quilt and had been watching YouTube videos from Helen Godden a quilter known for her "free-motion Quilted" wall art using painted fabric and silk scarves; (FMQ for short.) I had purchased a sit-down Long Arm from Bernina last Feb, this would be an opportunity to play, and play I did. 

I did FMQ on the scarf 

This is my Bernina Q20

I enjoyed quilting this scarf.



I had my son-in-law search for a branch I could to hang the quilt from... He chose a very fun branch full of Mushrooms growing along the branch.  Perfect! I sealed it with modgePoge and it looked wonderful 

The Irish Scarf Wall Hanging on the special branch


He had decided to Place the wall hanging in the Livingroom area - Now I can enjoy seeing the scarf in its entirety.  This was a fun quilting project for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.