Thursday, March 18, 2021

2021 - "PURPOSEFUL" is my word for this year.

"PURPOSEFUL" is my word for this year. 

In January a New year had begun! I have come from a year of "Intention" in 2020 to a "PURPOSEFUL" year in 2021 here in my Quilting and Sewing Arts Studio.  Last year was filled with intention as I continued to unpack and organize my studio here in the peaceful hills of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. I have come along way and am proud of what I accomplished in 2020 year of the pandemic. it was also my year for "Scrapy", I organized my scraps into squares and strips of various sizes, reducing 2 large totes of scrappy material to one tote bag and a bin of organized squares from inch, 1 1/2", 2", 2 1/2", 3",4" and 5" squares and strips. This year I continue to work on my "UFFIZI" Quilt for Nancy. I am purposeful and want to finish the Quilting on my Q20 Bernina by May.  This is my 1st larger Quilt I have done on my new sit-down Longarm.  It is not perfect but each stitch has been done with love. 


"Queen Bea" - My Bernina Q20 Longarm

 

I also have been asked to make a quilt for a friend.  So I have been busy acquiring the needed Pattern, fabric, and supplies for that.  In between my quilting, cutting, and sewing of both quilts I have been making small wall quilts and mini-quilts, gifts, and working on my Polymer Clay projects.  Life here in 2021 has been quietly hectic but full.  I am now enjoying the milder days of spring.  It is amazing to watch my world here in the Blue Ridge Mountains, bud and bloom.  I have noticed that some of my herbs like my rosemary has over-wintered well and so has my Thyme.  My Lavender plants are waking up also so I see some gardening taking place on my front deck as soon as the weather clears.  

Happy Sewing Y'all! - Dianna Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog, Diane. It makes my heart happy to hear how well you are doing. We share that love of creating with fabric and your projects are beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Missing you in WI ♥️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.