Tuesday, March 15, 2022

2022 My Year of being "Purposeful" my "Quilting and Sewing Studio" is taking shape.

 2022 My Year of being "Purposeful" my "Quilting and Sewing Studio" is taking shape. 


 I am beginning this Year of 2022 being purposeful about my Quilting and Sewing Arts Studio and my Projects Old and New that I will start and finish this year.  In January I continued to open more moving boxes that remained unopen from my move here to the lovely foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Nellysford Virginia in Oct 2019.  In December I found a lot of UFO baby quilts, pinned and ready to be quilted in one unopened box.  In January I found a lot of my sewing notions and fabric, fabric, fabric.  I folded and wrapped my fabric on magazine cardboards and now I have a lot of fabric on a shelf in my FABRIC CLOSET.  I found great backing fabrics 108" wide and from 3 - 5 yds, plus I discovered, "Batting", lots of it.  It took up the whole bottom section of my Fabric closet.  I still have 2 more shelves to organize. I also restocked my fat quarters' area with all the fabric I found in the boxes I opened.     

My Quantum Embroidery Machine
My Fat Quater Stash

In February I purchased a metal shelving unit to house my Cricut machine and cutting stuff and wound up with 2 shelving units because I had some damaged plastic drawers and Michaels store replaced them by sending me a whole other damaged unit to replace them.  The damage was to the metal frame, not the drawers.  I managed to put it together ok and now I have 2 units.  the second one I used for an ironing table with supplies for my sewing notions. I still have a way to go before I'm all organized but I'm well on my way.

my Cricut station

My Ironing station



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.