Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Today I have finished at least 4 UFO's in my Quilting and Sewing Studio.

 Today I have finished at least 4 UFOs in my Quilting and Sewing Studio.  

My word for 2022 is "Purposeful" and I believe I have been living up to the word.  Today I finished my 4th UFO since the beginning of the year.  I started in Dec of 2022 with the Baby Quilt I found and finished for my grandson Walter.  a Cat in The Hat quilt I had pieced back in 2016 when I found a "Cat in the Hat" panel at the quaint quilt shop in Shakopee MN.  It was one of 4 baby quilts I found in a box, one of my unopened moving boxes from 2019.  January of 2022 I started opening more of the remaining boxes and found so many unfinished projects.  That set the stage for my Word of the Year.  I wanted to be purposeful in finishing more of these projects. 

my 2012 UFO completed March 13th 2022
  Yesterday I went to my CAQG Crozet Guild meeting and was able to bring a table topper I had just finished the day before.  My #4 UFO that I completed this year.   I had found it in one of the boxes in a baggie. It was a stack of 4" blocks and pieced 2 1/2 inch blocks from a Moda Jelly Roll along with a printed sheet with a pattern designed by Christa Watson of Christaquilts.com dated 2012.  Oh my! I followed the pattern adding some fabric I found from my stash of Downton Abbey fabric and completed the table topper.  I quilted it on my Bernina Q20 and added the binding and pretty machine stitching with my Singer Quantum. I love the Moda Fabrics I used from thier 2011 - 2012 line. 


fancy machine stitching


I will think back and show you in my UFOs 1 - 3 and my future ones as I remember and complete them, so stay tuned






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.