Saturday, November 10, 2012

"A Star is Born" mini Quilt




A Star is Born mini quilt





I used a small stich on my machine for paper piecing. 




The center was paper pieced by hand
& the outer star was machine pieced

Today I finished the top on my mini quilt and then quilted it.  I do like the way it turned out, a little busy but ok. I was not sure I would get this far today, only need to apply the binding then I am done. I hand pieced the center star then used my sewing machine to piece the outer larger star.  I almost forgot to decrease my stitch length as I did the stitching for the larger star.  I did have fun going thru my stash and deciding what I would use for the inner and outer borders.   The ones I choose were at the bottom of my stash - Since bothe borders are very busy I decided to just quilt in the ditch for the center stars and small border then I used my machine stitch to quilt a squigly line on the larger border using clear thread.   this did give the quilt some dimension but did not add to the busyness of the fabriic itself.   

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I really like the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam, I enjoyed picking out the colors - wasn't sure at 1st they would work, so glad they did- Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.