Monday, July 15, 2013

blocks I made for my Civil War Sampler Quilt

Lincoln's Platform Block
Last Thursday I went to my Civil War Quilt club at my LQS "Sew Little Time" Quilt Shop  and worked on my "Civil War Sampler" pattern, choosing & cutting fabric for 3 blocks.  My Underground Railroad piece which is made up of 4 blocks of 4 squares set on point, my Lincoln Platform block and a log cabin variation block.  Friday and Saturday-Sunday I worked on my blocks and even started on a 3rd block - It felt good to work in my studio on my quilt.  Getting back in the swing of things is very relaxing for me.  Today I went to my Crafting group at The Community Center and worked on the applique block "Seven Sisters" while I enjoyed the company of my friends.  we had coffee and muffins with cheese and crackers.  Conversation was interesting, ranging from concern over a community member and our experiences of going to a bar with friends and realizing you were the only female there.  I will post more pictures after I take them.  Lately I can't seem to get very clear pictures with my new camera.  I wanted to retake pictures of all my completed blocks so far and post them on Flicker for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.