Saturday, July 6, 2013

Wow! Where did June & July go?

I can't believe it is already the 1st week of July.  It has been since June 14th since my last blog note.  I have been on vacation since June 24th and the week before was spent getting ready for my trip.  My youngest daughter Beth and Grandaughter Zuri & I took a road trip back to NY State to see my brothers an visit with family.  While there we all  met our goals.  My granddaughter went to visit with her Aunts and Cousins and my daughter wanted to see NY City and did take the train down twice spending the day with her cousins.  I enjoyed visiting with my brothers and their families.  Beth and I were Able to attend my Niece's Wedding and she got to visit all her cousins.  I also got to have a short Visit with my Granddaughter Jess and her family on our way home.  the drive to and from went well.  We missed a storm in Chicago going and took the wrong road into Chicago on our way home... we did stop over to sleep in Toledo Ohio on the way there and in Clinton Pa & Rockford Ill on the way back.

 I did finish one little project before I left but did not have time to post it.  I made a pinwheel mini Quilt using scraps from my Civil War Quilt "Flying Geese" Blocks.   When making my flying geese I used the left over triangles cut from the flying geese and made them into HST then sewed them together in pairs to make pinwheels.  After I finished the quilt I appliqued a woolen flower and leaves on it.  I also applied a small sleeve on the back using the binding material.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.