Thursday, August 7, 2014

French Broad Quilting Guild - my second meeting






I was excited to go to my second meeting of the French Broad Quilting Guild, we met at the Methodist Church in Dandridge today for a sew-along session.  Loved the pattern we are doing.  It's called "Inlaid Tile" a strip piecing quilt designed by Mary Ellen Hopkins you can find one of her many books here,

"It's Okay If You Sit On My Quilt Book"   

  we each brought along our fabric, 4 coordinating colors of our choice to make into this quilt.   I had fun choosing my fabrics so today I cut them out, made strip sets and now am ready to piece them together.  I didn't realize I had her book till I just looked it up on Google.  :) So now I'll have to unpack it. 

The ladies also shared thier Pizza Blocks of the Month.  Wow such pretty colors and beautiful workmanship.  I'm so glad I'm a part of this group here in Tennessee but I do miss the ladies from Hudson Heritage Quilters and my own Tuesday quilting group at the Point with Frank, Gwen and Katherine back home in Hudson Wisconsin.  



# 10

 Theses are the Pizza Box - Block of the Month that 10 of the ladies of the group participated in.  They are just so beautiful and the workmanship is exquisite.  These pictures do not do them justice... Enjoy!

#1
#2


#3

#4
 # 4 & 5 - there are 2 complete set of blocks on this couch


#6


#7
#8

#9

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.