Tuesday, September 9, 2014

It's been hectic around here these past few weeks

In August I helped out at the Jefferson City Fairgrounds and entered some of my projects and won some ribbons.  How fun, this was my 1st time entering things in a fair and a great learning experience.  I also enjoyed working with my FCE group to volunteer at the fair, we had a good participation and won $200 for our group. 

 I got a Blue Ribbon for my Mini Easter Egg quilt, my Gingham Kitchen Towel and 9 Patch Pot holder didn't get a ribbon but it looks nice in the display area.


My Thanksgiving wall hanging got 3rd Place. 


My Beaded Butterfly Pin got a Blue Ribbon too.  I'll have to take a better picture of it since it did not show up well in the case. 


 I won this great pr of Socks at Holloway's Country Store in Cosby TN a couple of weeks back by commenting on their Blog about what type of quilting Block "Knocked my Socks Off!"  - it was the pinwheel block.  a very simple and humble block but set it off with a log cabin block alternating rows - Wow! These socks were designed by Maria Holloway herself.  I had so much fun going down to pick these up.  Marie just had gotten in a new shipment of fabric so I was able to take a peek before they put it out on the shelves... "my idea of FUN!"

My winnings -Quilters Socks designed by Maria Holloway of Holloway's Country Store in Cosby TN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.