Friday, July 31, 2015

My 2015 Summer Row By Row experience

SE MN Row x Row 
The Firefly Quilt Shop - Mankato

  This Summer I decided to take part in the Row by Row experience.  I traveled back to Wisconsin for 2 family weddings this summer.  I left East Tennessee on Saturday the 20th of June to get ahead of the summer storms coming thru Tennessee and Kentucky and be able to arrive in Wisconsin before my youngest Son, Earl's wedding at the end of the week on Friday June 26th.  I did not have time to stop at any shops that day because of the storms and Row by Row didn't start until Monday the 21st.   I had an uneventful drive and did get there by Sunday evening.  the 1st week was very busy.  The following Monday I was traveling to Southern Minnesota to see my Granddaughter and her youngest baby.

I took a couple of side trips that day and stopped at 2 quilt shops. The Firefly Quilt Shop in Mankato, I was in luck for both were participating in the Row by Row.  The above quilt at the Firefly Q S was made by each shop in the SE MN area that are participating in the Row by Row 2015.  I enjoyed the shop and did get both the Kit and the license plate for this area.  The goodies I bought at this shop, the row by row block, a license plate, a kit to make a barn pot holder, a quilt label and some steam a seam for my applique patterns.  

Southeast MN RxR Shops

My goodies from the Firefly Quilt Shop
A Barn Hot pad Kit
I loved this barn quilt but the pattern was no longer available

Zuri with Aunt Elizabeth and Baby Amelia
 I stopped at the Eagle Creek Quilt Shop in Shakopee, MN.  This has been one of my favorite stops on the Minnesota Shop Hops.  I enjoy their variety of quilting material and the wool candle mats and Needle Punch quilting patterns.  I've always admired these kits so I decided to buy the Needle Punch and some fabric.  I even got an impromptu instructions on using it.
Auntie Elizabeth reading to Baby Amelia



Zuri & Aunt Elizabeth took Amelia inside and was reading to her from a soft cover children's book.  They enjoyed looking at the variety of  fabric & patterns in the Children's corner.
I really liked this wool applique winter table runner


I want to make this wool applique table runner for the winter.  I'll have to order the kit online


My Goodies from the Eagle's Nest 








Look at all the goodies I got from the Eagle's Nest.  Eagle Creek Quilt Shop . A Row by Row pattern and license plate, a 1/2 yard of fabric with Minnesota names on it, a yard of fabric and a needle punch with a spring hoop.  I have a snowman pattern I made that I want to use with this.

I'm looking forward to working on my Row by Row Blocks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.