Sunday, April 21, 2013

Mystery Bus Trip!

Yesterday Spring broke thru the frigid cold, snow, rain and sleet of the week.  It was sunny all day, Milder around 39 - 40 degrees with blue skies.  Wow just in time for a mystery bus trip with the ladies of Hudson Heritage Quilters.  What fun, great conversation and laughter.  It truly felt like spring.   We visited 4 shops in Minnesota, the 1st - Blue Bamboo in Plymouth MN was spectacular; featuring a large selections of batiks and Asian prints.  I found the red batik I had been looking for and will revisit when I am start my Asian Inspired panel to look for coordinating fabrics and when I am ready to back my Desert Sunset quilt top by designer Boyd & Patty Krause (a pattern I gleaned from "quilt Sampler magazine fall/winter 2008").  Then we were off to mystery shop # 2. Eagle Creek Quilt Shop in Shakopee, a darling shop in a renovated train station, were lunch was served.  They gave us a free pattern for a Oil - cloth tote, a train charm and I won a door prize, a Penny - Annie Bag. They featured a selection of oil-cloth & had a nice selection of children/baby prints in cotton & flannel.  We also went to Four Seasons Quilt Shop in Osseo, with a great selection of Civil War cottons and Wools & Millie P's Quilt shop in Anoka, with a great selection of children's cottons. I bought some Civil war fat Quarters and flannels & cottons to add to my stash for the baby quilts I plan to make. All in all it was a very nice day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.