Saturday, February 22, 2014

I finished a few projects this morning!. Yeah!

a look at the back
This morning I was able to be in my sewing studio and finished several projects.  The 1st project is my Paper Pieced Postcard BOM for February that I am working on for my Facebook Group - Quilting.  I used vintage lace embellishments on block #'s 2 & 3, I used lace from my wedding gown, (circa 1961), on the corner piece leftover from the Satin & Lace Hankie - "Something Old", I made for the Bride, my Granddaughter Caroline's Wedding in January 2014.  I also completed my Winter Olympic Mug Rugs - a Swap project - done and ready for mailing to my partner. After my partner Susan L receives them I'll be able to put up the pictures. 

It was so nice to be able to sit at my sewing machine for more than 30 minuets and actually work on a project to completion and even start on another.  Its been 3 1/2 weeks since my back surgery and each day brings more comfort with doing my everyday chores/fun stuff.  I haven't yet been out and about as freely as I would like but that too will come.  My endurance for day outings is still down to about 1 - 2 hrs at a time before I tire and need to rest.  The outside weather hasn't cooperated either.  Thursday/Friday brought about 10 inches of snow and drifts.  last eve they came and plowed out my driveway and then came back and snowblowed out my sidewalk but left an 10" x 12" x 3' wide patch of snow against my porch door making it impossible to open the door.  I was concerned and annoyed and before going to bed I texted my son to see if he could come over early Sat morn to shovel that out.  I was relived to find that this morning they had come back to shovel me out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.