Thursday, July 28, 2016

My "Splendid Sampler" Blocks

Recently I've been Following "The Splendid Sampler" FB group that is making a 100 Block  Mystery Quilt "The Splendid Sampler".  Co-authored by Pat Sloan and Jane Shallala.  They release new blocks every Thursday and Sunday.. can't wait to see what today's Block will be.  Each block is created by a different artist using different techniques.  How fun!


 Having joined the group a little late I have only completed 2 blocks # 41 & # 44.  I did download all the previous blocks so I can work on them at my leisure.  


My "Sew South" & "Stitching in the Garden Blocks" Completed

Block # 44 "Stitching in the Garden" is an Embroidery and Applique Block.  I used my pigma pens to draw the block with a combination of raw edge applique and Embroidery.  I keep this block by my favorite chair just in case I want to add a bit more to it...  










Block # 41 "Sew South" is my 1st attempt to do Hexi's.. I did enjoy this block and think  did a good job of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.