Friday, January 19, 2018

I enjoyed making this Minnesota Hotdish Quilt.

Quilting & Sewing related topics and notions



  July 4, 2012 · 
Today I am working in my studio on a blue and white quilt. My weekly quilting group is working on a pattern called "Minnesota Hotdish" by Atkinson Designs. Each of us has chosen a different pattern rendition and colorway, it should be fun to see our finished quilts.

January 2018

I enjoyed making this Minnesota Hotdish Quilt. I wanted it to be a Wedding Gift to my youngest Son Earl Swett and his Bride to be Rikki Swett. From deciding the pattern and colors to the buying of the fabrics at various local quilt shops in and around the Hudson WI, St Paul and Minneapolis MN LQS and stopping at a Quilt shop in De Moine Iowa after picking up my son Raymond Swett after his foot surgery to Quilting with my friends at 3rd & Vine 1st Baptist church in Hudson Wisconsin (Bob & Gwen Richardson, Frank Johnson & Elaine Fredrikson) Elaine, our Pastor's Wife, and a friend became my Quilting Teacher and Mentor (I had joined this little group in Jan 2010 when I decided to learn how to Quilt), beginning my journey and addiction in Quilting. To learning how to use "Bert & Ernie" at Jean Potter's Shop "Top Stitchery" a Long Arm Quilter Machine Shop in Roberts Wisconsin after having Shoulder Replacement Surgery in August 2012 where I had planned to quilt it. (that was before I decided to move to a warmer climate after having back surgery Jan 2014 Moving to Newport Tennesee In May 2014 I had Diane Manning, a friend from my French Broad Quilters Guild Quilt the finished top in her little shop in the back of her home in Dandridge TN. I hand stitched the Binding on while visiting my children in Minnesota in 2016 and presented the completed quilt to my son and His wife just after their 1st Wedding Anniversary. Reminiscing brings back Memories of Special Friends and Moments

#ReminiscingSpecialFriendsMemoriesandMoments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.