Friday, January 19, 2018

The Farmers Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt.


The Farmers Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt.  by Laurie Aaron Hird

 Each January I try to pick some projects to work on thru the coming year.  I have decided to do the Farmers Wife 2018 Sew-Along from Gnome Angel.   I had purchased the book in July 2016 but had not used it.  I thought this would be a great time way to use my stash and the book.  Check out the Farmer’s Wife 1930’s Sampler Quilt Facebook Group.

             

Block #1 Addie - I made 2 of these blocks my 1st one is a regularly pieced block of brown, green, pink and a cute fussy cut sheep in the middle.  I love it.  The 2nd Addie Block is a foundation Paper Pieced Block - I do enjoy quilting these blocks. There are several ways to do these blocks. Regular Piecing, Foundation Paper piecing that is covered in the book. Another method is using rulers developed by Quilter Marti Michell. these rulers allow the user to make blocks in several different sizes. Marti's blog follows along with the Farmers Wife Blocks 1-99.  Marti has done a lot of research on the blocks and has found Addies block in The Brackman book 1973 by Barbra Brackman - the block was 1st published in 1885 and could be over 100 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.