Sunday, January 28, 2018

The Farmer's Wife Sew Along Update Blocks 1-4



As I continue to work on my Farmer's wife 1930's Quilt Samplers I am feeling a bit challenged by Block # 4.  it is a relatively easy block to do, but when i try to work on it in the middle of the night I find I tire easily and things get very turned around.  Who hasn't done that!  I should know by now that I shouldn't work when tired.  I got great use of my favorite tool on this one. "Miss Seam Ripper" LoL.  Her she is done up in my Barnyard print all quilted.  Part of my projects for the year of #quiltasyougo or #QAYG and #FFP or #foundationpaperpiecing.  I bought Sax Plain White Newsprint Newspaper Pack. (8 1/2 x 11), for my printer and I do like the way it prints out although I have to make sure to separate the sheets after taking the from the pack because of static electricity, (they stick together in the printer if I don't do this.) I use a small stitch on my sewing machine to make it easier to take off after sewing.











 Block # 3 was easier to piece together because I wasn't tired when I worked on her.  I enjoy reading the letters the Farm Women write relating their experiences with each block. These were letters published in a column "Letters from our Farm Women" in the "Farmers Wife from 1930 -1939. I am in awe of the research that went into the book. Thanks to author .Laurie Aaron Hird.  This was also a #QAYG #FPP block

 Below are completed blocks 1 - 3. I did block # 1 twice, one is in the barnyard print that I want to make into a wall hanging.
Happy Quilting Y'all! - Diane Swett 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.