Friday, May 10, 2013

My Friday Finish!

My wing it block for my Civil War Quilt :}
  It's a Sunny May Day.  It is a little cool out today but quite sunny.  I find myself recouping from my hectic past 2 weeks.   The last week in April was filled daily with things to do, get- together's, Saying goodbyes to friends, Grandparents day, IV Therapy and a bus trip to Beaver Dam.  Followed this week by family time, spending time helping a friend with her quilting.  yesterday I went downtown to my local quilt shop to My Civil War Club.  I wanted to work on my Civil War Quilt.  I had started a block 3 weeks ago and forgot to mark which block it was to be and totally forgot.  I decided to wing it and it turned out to be a very nice block with the help of Kathy Lee.  She helped me pick out some fabric that would go with it...I did like the way it turned out.  I will wait to resize this one when I place it in the quilt top.  Now I have several more quilt blocks done and I am glad.  I have learned my lessen tho - to mark the pattern or block I am currently working on.  I will use some of the great suggestions from the ladies of my group.   I also finished my spring wall quilt.  I did some FMQ on this and I do like how it looks. all I need is a label and it is ready to be hanged.

My Spring wall hanging is finished and ready to hang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.