Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A SMALL NEEDLE CASE FOR YOUR EMBROIDERY, APPLIQUE, SEWING & QUILTING NEEDLES

This Friday at my ASG mtg, (American Sewing Guild), I am in charge of the craft instruction. I put together a kit for each person at the meeting to make small needle case.  This could be part of your sewing kit, kept with  embroidery or applique threads or as a part of your quilting kit to hold your quilting needles.  I use mine when I need to finish my quilt binding and to bury knots on the quilt top after machine quilting.   

 
A small neelde case

Patterned fabric - 2 1/2" x 4"

Batting or Felt 1 1/2" x 2"

button for front

needle & a legnth of of thread

Directions:
fold pattern fabric in half wrong sides together - it will measure 2" x 2 1/2" - finger crease fold then open

place batting and/or felt at the top of the fold.

Thread the needle and sew thru all fabrics near the fold, catching the batting along the legnth of the fold.

sew button on the front of the case.

place needles thru batting - Now you have a needle case to use with your applique projects or quilting projects or to place in your sewing kit.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoy reading your comments and getting your Feedback, it delights my soul. ~ Diane S.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.