Monday, October 21, 2013

It was a dreary Saturday morning until I went to my Hudson Heritage Quilting Guild meeting.

I awoke early this morning to a dreary cloudy & rainy morning.  It was cold out this am, only 36 degrees.  I contemplated staying home this am instead of going to my HHQ mtg.  I am so glad that I decided to go tho.  A lot was covered regarding the upcoming Patchwork Harvest Quilt Show XI we are having in November.  When I entered I noticed a table with a few items on it, and a couple of beautifully pieced and embellished crazy quilt style blocks.  I was immediately drawn to them.  I love to do crazy quilting myself and was delighted to see that someone else did too.  We discussed the upcoming Fall Holiday Quilt Show at the Middle School and other guild business then it was show and tell time.  after a break we had a presentation by Linda Lemon Keller, she showed us her wall hangings she had done using wool and doing it in crazy quilting and embroidery.  Wow what a great inspiration was she.  she also shared her library of good books on Embroidery and creativity.  I already have on book by Judith Baker Montano on Elegant Stitches.  I plan on adding to my own library some of the books she had on her list.  Here are some pictures of my own crazy quilting on hot pads and embroidery and applique block with beaded embroidery on it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.