Thursday, October 24, 2013

A tutorial for a "Spinning Diamonds" Quilt by Kaye Woods

Spinning Diamonds - Strip sets are cut then placed together so the diamonds spin in a hexagon around the quilt top. This design only looks complicated when you follow the techniques that Kaye Wood has developed. Uses the Starmaker® 6 (sold separately).  Size: 54" x 47"  http://www.kayewood.com/item/Spinning_Diamonds_Pattern/262 $8.00
Spinning Diamonds a pattern
by Kaye Woods
This morning I awoke early so I was looking on Pintrest for some quilting ideas using my smart phone.  I came across this YouTube tutorial by Kaye Wood on "spinning Diamonds".  The technique seemed easy and the quilt looked complex.  I guess that is why I pinned it.  I watched the video on You Tube while I ate my breakfast and visited the website and decided to order the pattern.  So now I can't wait to receive the pattern in the mail, but I will collect the fabric I want to use.  I have decided to use Batiks for this quilt.  This will be my 1st time using batiks and I am excited about that.  I have seen other in my quilt club using batiks for a blooming 9 patch and they were so pretty.  The pattern uses 9 different fabrics ranging from light blue, pinks, purples, greens and deep blues, cut into 2 1/2" strips with strips sets of 5 pieced together.  I will post pictures of my project when I start working on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.