Saturday, January 18, 2014

Baby Quilt on the make - My Quilting Projects

This Cute! Pattern from Studio E Fabrics was a challenge to work with. Not a pattern for a beginner quilter.  "Choo Choo Dinoz" is made using a panel of baby dinoz and some great fabrics.  I was asked to complete this quilt by my granddaughter Bobby Jean for her little boy Emmett.  It is ready for borders now and I will be backing it with minky fabric which is soft and cuddly.  Just what a little guy needs.  I am hoping to have this done by the end of next week.  

Then on to my next project - a quilt for my great grandson Ethan.  "Dr Seuss" - I completed the quilt top during the early summer and can't wait to complete it.  During my travels this past summer I was able to get a Cat in the Hat panel that I want to use for the backing at the Eagle Creek Quilt Shop in Shakopee, MN.  

this past week I was able to deliver my "Winnie the Pooh" baby quilt for my granddaughter Amelia.  I had also completed the quilt top earlier this summer and finished quilting the top just this past week.  I enjoyed making this pattern.  it was a disappering nine patch using Winnie the Pooh 7 1/2" squares along with 30's fabric.  In my travels this summer I was able to pick up Winnie The Pooh fabric for $4 a pound in a great little shop - the West Virginia Quilt Shop in barboursville W VA



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.