Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Christmas Runner

 For this Pattern you could use fabrics from your stash cut into 2 1/2" strips.  You could also change the fabric choices to go along with any season.
A Jelly Roll Friendly Pattern by Legacy also includes a pattern to make a stocking.


Yesterday I started on a Christmas Runner, from Legacy Patterns, "Very Braidy Christmas "a very jelly roll friendly pattern.  Or you could use scrappy 2 1/2" strips from your stash.  It had some difficulty at 1st understanding how to piece my segments but after making one segment and clipping it above my machine to use as a reference I was able to piece the 8 segments together.  I then trimmed them and will finish sewing the segments together.  Here are some pictures of my progress.
 
I cut my strips into 2 1/2" x 4"pieces then pieced them together for my 1st segment.  Note the 1st pieced together block is hanging up by my sewing machine for reference.  Once I did this the other 7 blocks went together easier. 
 
I have finished sewing the 8 blocks together to form a chevron pattern.
my top is ready to be sandwiched and quilted.
 
 Opp's need to select a backing 1st. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.