Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Januarys Goal for my 1st finish

January's Goal, for a year of lovely finishes

 

 
I have chosen as my January goal to finish a piano runner I am designing for the community ctr. where I live.  Dimensions are 10" x 60".  I have chosen a soft palate of browns, tans, creams and white with a pop of color in soft greens, gold and pink.  I wanted a muted and soft background so that it would compliment  most seasonal displays that might be chosen to be placed on it.   the blocks I chose to use in it are the log cabin and the pineapple blocks.  I paper pieced 6 log cabin blocks and 3 pineapple blocks. finished size to be 6" for each.  I used the pineapple block to give it a "Pop" of color.  The Border will be 2" wide and I have chosen a soft green print for it.  I haven't decided on the backing fabric or color yet.   
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I see how the blocks are going together in the runner now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane this is a really lovely piece. I love both of these blocks but have never attempted the Pineapple Block. I know it's going to be loved by everyone who sees it! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marlene, this is my 1st time with the pineapple block and I am in the process of making a tutorial on it for my blog here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.