Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Finishes for 2012

"Stepping Stones"
Above is a quilt I started in Aug 2010 for my daughters wedding in 2011 - I was finally able to complete it by April of 2012.  Only 2 + years in the making. The pattern I chose was " yellow Brick Road" by Atkinson's Designs.  I made it my own by trimming each block to 9" and added the black sashing around it to give the eye a place to rest.  I was able to quilt it using the Long-Arm machine at "Top Stitchery" with Jean Potter.  I just love the wide border on this one. 

All this month I will be adding photos of what I have finished last year for you to see.  I have been looking at my projects and what I have finished.  I am amazed at all I did get done this year even with my health issues, Shoulder replacement Surgery and Back problems.  WOW! is all I can say.  I am amazed and surprised at what I have accomplished in 2012.  I have placed my photos on Flickr and you can view all my finishes here - Flickr - 2012 finishes.  I will also continue to update my photos
there. 

One of my more recent finishes was this Christmas Mini Quilt/Table topper.  I started by paper piecing the middle square in a square - by hand sewing because the pieces were too tiny to do by machine. I was able to machine piece the outer square, added two borders and then decided to make it reversible by using autumn colors on the back.  I had an orphan square from last years project so I added sashing and batting and surfaced quilted it before appliqueing it to the back.  I was able to match it up with the black sashing on the front and used my fancy machine stitching with clear thread.  I enjoyed the process of this quilt.  The Pattern, "A star is Born", was from one of my older quilting magazines.  I again made it my own by increasing the border size.  It seems like I do this pretty often doesn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.