Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Year of Lovely Finishes - Jan 2013

The Piano Runner 9 1/2" x 60"
Oh I am so happy to report that I finished my Piano Runner.  I did enjoy making this from conception to finished project it was so fun and really my first time making something with out any pattern.  I choose the blocks 1st that I wanted to include in the runner, started with paper piecing the 3 Pineapple Blocks and 6 log cabins.  I carefully chose the colors, wanting mostly creams and browns with and accent fabric for the Pineapple blocks to give it a pop of color.  The finished runner is 9 1/2" x 60".  I really do love it and know it will look nice on the piano in the community Ctr. where I live.

Thanks  Melissa at Bittersweet Designs and Shanna of Fiber of all Sorts for hosting "A Year of Lovely Finishes 2013".  I am looking forward to choosing my February Finish.

 
The Creative Process of making the Piano Runner
Telling the Story:  Last Year I was asked to make a runner for the piano in the community center where  lived.  I wanted the runner to blend in with the surroundings and for most seasonal changes so I wanted neutrals with a pop of color.  I chose to combine Log Cabin blocks with Pineapple blocks and to paper piece the blocks to keep them uniform.  My Runner would be 10" x 60".  The above picture shows the process.

3 comments:

  1. It is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on your first finish of 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa - I so enjoyed creating this one from conception, designing and completing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your piano runner turned out beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.